* The union demands a 7% wage hike. 工会要求提高工资7%.
Then what’s your idea of a good price?
那你觉得什么价格合适?
I would say 20% off the listed price.
标价减20%。
Impossible. We won’t make any profit at that price. 10% is the best we can do.
那不可能。这样我们就无钱可赚了。最多降10%。
It’s still too high.
还是太高。
Our quality is far beyond comparison. Besides, the market is advancing. Our goods can always find a good sale.
我们的质量是无与伦比的。而且行情上涨,我们的货物销路一直很好。
We are surprised to find that your price is 25% higher compared with other companies.
发现你们的价格比其他公司的高25%,我们很吃惊。
25%? You can’t be serious!
25%? 你不是开玩笑吧!
That has been confirmed by our survey. I’m afraid I’ll have to cancel the deal unless you reduce your price.
我们调查证实过了。恐怕我将不得不取消这笔生意,除非您降价。
But you know fully well that our product is of superior quality. Other products can’t be compared with it.
但您很了解我们的产品质量上乘,其他产品无法与之相比。
True. But it’s also a fact that your price is too high.
是的。但您的价格太高了,这也是一个事实。
But even for such products we have minimum quality requirements that must be met.
即使是这些产品,我们也规定了必须达到的最低质量要求。
Indeed, they are not bad, indeed. Do you do them in any other colours?
确实不错。还有其他颜色吗?
Yes, there is dark blue, light grey, desert tan, all available in a full range of sizes.
有的,还有深蓝、浅灰、土黄 — 这些颜色尺码都齐全。
range [C] group or series of similar things; selection or variety 成套或成系列的东西; 种类:
* sell/stock a whole range of tools, dresses, foods 出售[备有]各种各样的工具、 服装、 食品
* The new model comes in an exciting range of colours. 这种新式样有各种鲜艳的颜色.
* have a wide/narrow range of interests, hobbies, etc 兴趣、 爱好等甚广[不广].
The color won’t fade, will it?
不会褪色吧?
No, it’ll last very well.
不,不会褪色。
If you can produce fashionable styles of such fine quality, your shoes will win great popularity in our market.
如果那么你们能生产品质这么优良款式有新颖的鞋子,它们在我们市场上将会大受欢迎。
popularity / .p)pju'lжrэti; .papjэ`lжrэti/ n
[U] quality or state of being liked or admired by many people 受大家喜爱或赞赏的性质或状态; 普及; 流行; 通俗性; 声望:
* win/gain/enjoy/command the popularity of the voters 获得广大选民的拥戴
* His popularity among working people remains as strong as ever.
他在劳动人民中一如既往声望很高.
* Her books have grown in popularity recently. 她的书近来大受欢迎.
Quality is something we never neglect. Good quality ensures continued sales.
我们一直十分重视质量。商品质量好,才能不断有销路。
Indeed. I see you’ve got some nice walking shoes too.
确实是。我看你们还有些便鞋也挺不错。
They’re remarkably comfortable. By the way, Mr. Smith, isn’t there room in your market for lower grade shoes?
这种鞋穿着非常舒服。顺便问一下,史密斯先生,比较低档的鞋在你们那里有销路吗?
room
~ (for sth) opportunity; scope 机会; 范围:
* There's (plenty of) room for improvement in your work, ie It is not as good as it could be. 你的工作还有(许多)改进的余地.
* There's no room for doubt,ie It is quite certain. 没有怀疑的余地.
Even highly demanding markets require a wide range of quality and price levels for any group of products.
即使要求很高的市场对不同种类的商品,也需要有各种档次的货色和价格。
And durable as well.
而且也耐穿。
durable / 'djuэrэbl; US 'duэrэbl; `durэbl/ adj
lasting for a long time 持久的; 耐久的: a durable peace, friendship, settlement 持久的和平、 永恒的友谊、 永久的解决
* trousers made of durable material 耐穿的料子制成的裤子
* This varnish provides a durable finish. 这种清漆可作耐久的罩面漆.
> durability / .djuэrэ'bilэti; US .durэ'bilэti; .durэ`bilэti/ n [U].
durables n [pl] (also con,sumer `durables)
goods expected to last for a long time after they have been bought, eg vacuum cleaners
耐用品(如吸尘器).
Oh, durability is not too important nowadays, especially for women’s shoes, it’s a style conscious market.
噢,耐穿在当今时代已经不大重要了,尤其是女鞋,讲究式样翻新。
Yes, we’ve noticed that.
是的,我们已经注意到了。
Some of your shoes are satisfactory to your domestic market, but they would need to be adapted for the export market or they wouldn’t be acceptable.
你们的一些鞋,对你们国内市场来说是不错的,但是作为外销,就要有些改动,要不然,国外不会接受的。
adapt
~ sth (for sth) make sth suitable for a new use, situation, etc; modify sth 使某事物适合于新的用途、 情况等; 修改某事物: